Saturday, August 29, 2009

Collegiate Couture

While shopping in East Hampton last weekend I came across Rugby - a youthful store from the Ralph Lauren brand. Their line has a vintage collegiate feel with a little rebel twist (notice the skull and bones - very secret society).




At Rugby, you put your own spin on the classics to reflect your individual style. Even though it was 85 degrees in the Hamptons, I was looking forward to the crisp fall weather, so I treated myself to their shawl-collar sweater - and then had the option of adding on perfectly distressed suede elbow patches. I already loved the little leather buckle across the collar and it would have been great to add another classic detail, but I passed since I had to catch the ferry home that night and didn't have the two days to wait for customizing.


If you're not close to a Rugby retail location, you can visit their Varsity Shop online where you can choose from a selection of preppy pieces to personalize with vintage inspired patches and monogrammed embroidery. Happy designing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While constructive criticism is always welcome, Luxe & Fresh reserves the right to remove any comment deemed inappropriate, so save the drama for your momma!