Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Peace Offering


Rarely do I stray from cooking anything that I haven't watched the culinary goddess and my hero, Ina Garten, make first; but, lately I've been quite adventurous. That being said, I have to share this delicious and easy recipe for grilled glazed salmon that I found in a recent issue of Food & Wine magazine. You should really thank me because I never share my good recipes, but due to my inexcusable lack of posts, I'll make an exception.

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup prepared horseradish, drained (I used horseradish sauce)
2 tablespoons honey
Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
Vegetable oil, for rubbing (I used olive oil)
Salt and freshly ground pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Light a grill. In a small bowl, mix the mustard, horseradish and honey. Rub the salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon over moderate heat, skinned side down, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and grill for 3 minutes longer, until the salmon is almost cooked through. Turn the salmon again and spread each fillet with 1 tablespoon of the horseradish glaze. Turn and grill until glazed, about 30 seconds. Serve the remaining glaze on the side.

We've been enjoying this recipe on a weekly basis all summer. So if you need an easy dish to impress dinner guests, this one will do the trick!

Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

While constructive criticism is always welcome, Luxe & Fresh reserves the right to remove any comment deemed inappropriate, so save the drama for your momma!