Saturday, February 11, 2012

Modern Classics: Accessories


My brain is fried, people. I tried a million times to write about how I'm a classic girl and how I view many of these pieces as investments that will work with anything you currently - or will ever - own. About how the French so effortlessly pull off a simple red lip, how every girl needs some Jackie O shades, that a little leopard and a little Louboutin never hurt anyone, and that Chance is the modern young lady's No. 5, but it just never seemed to read right. So instead of putting this off one more day to see if I could make it work, I'm posting it - and hoping you will love it.

Perhaps a follow up is needed - modern classics: clothing? I'll tell you about how I, to my complete and utter horror, saw myself in the mirror wearing a bubble skirt and espadrilles a couple years ago and had a revelation - I look like an idiot and that a classic silhouette is how I will keep from appearing as though I escaped from some kind of crazy circus. Thank goodness I didn't leave the house...

1: Chevron Reversible Gold Clutch, Hammocks and High Tea, $199 | 2: Classic Pave Link Bracelet, J Crew, $118 | 3: Golden Oversized Runway Watch, Michael Kors, $250 | 4: Nars Jungle Red Lipstick, Sephora, $24 | 5: Gumdrop Stud Earrings, Kate Spade, $38 | 6: Simple Pump 100 mm, Christian Louboutin, $625 | 7: Skinny Calf Hair Belt, J Crew, $49.50 | 8: Michael Kors Wallet Clutch for iPhone 4, Apple, $79.95 | 9: Adelle Dark Tortoise Sunglasses, Coach, $158 | 10: Sam Edelman Beatrix Flats, Piperlime, $130 | 11: Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, Macys, $68

No comments:

Post a Comment

While constructive criticism is always welcome, Luxe & Fresh reserves the right to remove any comment deemed inappropriate, so save the drama for your momma!